Dr.Mary Metilda J
Dr. Mary Metilda J has done her PhD in the area of Behavioral Finance from Anna University, Chennai. She has also done her MA in Economics and MBA in Finance, and MPhil from Bharathidasan University . She has over twelve years of experience in Academia and around 6 years in the industry. She has been an active member and coordinator of entrepreneurship cell and has undertaken important projects along with students, like ‘The Rural Enablement Program’, an initiative by RVIM & Shruth & Smith Foundation to promote rural entrepreneurship .The project covered 53 villages in the three districts of Chitradurga, Ramnagara and Mandya in Karnataka. She has also received the National Entrepreneurship Network - Goldman Sachs Faculty Mentor’s (with HONORS) award.
She has presented a number of papers in both national and international conferences and has published papers in reputed management journals (both national & international) primarily in the area of Behavioural Finance. She teaches courses in Finance and Economics.
Area of Expertise
- Corporate Finance, Behavioural Finance, Micro Economics
- Behavioural Finance and Corporate Behavioural Finance
- Investor Bias and Investor decision: A study on the Interrelationship between Biases’, Portfolio Organizer, IUP Publications, Volume VIII, No. 4, October 2016
- ‘A Study on the Impact of Investment Experience, Gender and Level of Education on Overconfidence and Self Attribution Bias’, IIMB Management Review, Volume 27: Issue 4, December, 2015.
- ‘Mutual Fund Investor and Loss Aversion: A Study on the Influence of Gender, Experience and Investor Type’, International Business Management, vol.8, Issue 1, pg.no.30-35. DOI 10.39.23/ibm.2014.30.35
- ‘The Role of Illusion of Control Bias in Herding Behaviour’, Adarsh Journal Of Management Research, ISSN 0974 – 7028.
- Hindsight Bias and its significance in Investor Decision Making’ , Indian Journal of Applied Research, Volume3, Issue 4, Pg.246 & 247, April 2013, ISSN-2249-555X
- A Study on the Relationship Between Self-Attribution Bias and Overconfidence and its Impact Amongst Mutual Fund Investor Decision Making’ RVIM journal of Management Research, Vol.5, issue1, January-June 2013 , ISSN 0974-6722