Prof. J. Philip
Chairman, XIME Bangalore
Former Director, IIM Bangalore
Prof. J. Philip is the founder and builder of Xavier Institute of Management & Entrepreneurship (XIME). He is currently the Chairman of XIME Bangalore.
- ITPBA, Harvard Business School
- Personnel Management and Industrial Relations from XLRI Jamshedpur
- Graduation from S.B. College, Changanacherry
- Law Degree from Maharaja’s Law College, Ernakulam.
- Director, IIM-B
- Director (HR), Oberoi
- Dean (XLRI)
- Principal, Management Training Institute, SAIL
- Founded Association of Indian Management Schools (AIMS)
- Founded Association of BRICS Business School (ABBS)
- Human Resource practices and Labour Law – an International Comparison, 2014
- Multiple Stakeholder Perspectives of Higher and Engineering Education-*, *Contributed a chapter titled Leadership and Excellence in Higher Education, Macmillan India Aug 2011.
- Managing Management Schools: - A Leadership Perspective A festschrift in honour of Prof. J. Philip, President, XIME – 3rd July, 2010.
- Business Education in India – A Ringside view – Jan. 2009.
- Global Management education – Country Studies – May, 2009.
- Institution building in India – Some experiences – Feb. 2007.
- Management Education in India – Co-editor, March 1989.
- Management the Simple Way – Co-Author – June 1979.
Recent Honours & Awards
- The Prestigious Dr. Suresh Ghai Memorial Award for Outstanding Management Education leadership by the Higher Education Forum (HEF) on September 3rd 2016.
- Life-time Achievement Award for Excellence in the Profession and Societal Contribution, Nov 2009, instituted by the Alumni Association of XLRI, Jamshedpur where Prof. J Philip was a student during 1958-60.
- July, 2010: In recognition of his outstanding contribution to the cause of Human Resources Development in the country, Prof Philip was elected 'President Emeritus' of Indian Society for Training and Development (ISTD).
- November, 2010: B-School Leadership Award (Dewang Mehta Business School Award) from Business School Affaire & Partner, Amrop International.
- Star News ‘National B School Awards 2011’ in association with Canon honoured Prof J Philip with Life Time Achievement Award on 12th Feb 2011.
- Kewal Nohria Award for academic leadership in Management Education 2011 instituted by AIMA – Sept. 4, 2011.
- Le Matinal Innovative Leadership Award - 14th December, 2011
- Award for Managerial Excellence by Madras Management Association on 6th July 2012