Dr. Mercia Selva Malar
Dr. Mercia Selva Malar has 25 years of teaching experience at higher education level. She has taught at various colleges and business schools like, CMS College of Science and Commerce, SCMS-COCHIN, LEAD College of Management, ECMIT (Dubai) and Wollongong University (Dubai). She earned her doctoral degree in Commerce from Manonmaniam Sundaranar University based on the thesis titled, ‘Foreign exchange exposure and risk management in the hotel industry’. She has been part of the international research team on ‘Microfinance – Gender perspectives’ funded by DFID-DelPHE. She has authored three books. She has published in national and international journals. She is a PRIME Graduate of JCI University. She received the NFP Scholarship of Netherlands Government and completed her Diploma in Housing and Urban Development specializing in FDI and City Financing, from Erasmus University, Rotterdam. She is the recipient of the Jagadish Gandhi Silver Medal for General Proficiency of ISSR, Runner-up Outstanding New Jaycee of JCI-India, Distinguished Educator and Scholar Award of NFED.
Area of Expertise
- Accounting and Finance, Business Ethics
Exchange Traded Funds, Transformative Finance, behavioral Finance, Abrahamic Finance, Micro Finance, Ethics in Finance, Abrahamic Finance, Sustainable Development
- Mercia Selva Malar, The “ethic” of being profit focused, Social Responsibility Journal, Vol.4, No. 1/ 2, pp. 136-142, Emerald Group Publishing Ltd., 2008
- Mercia Selva Malar, Business Process Outsourcing: Concepts, current trends, management and future challenges, Deep and Deep Publications Pvt. Ltd. ISBN. 817629558. 2008
- Mercia Selva Malar, et al. Efficacy of CD ratio as an economic indicator, Saingits’ Finance, Money and Banking conference proceedings, 2009.
- Mercia Selva Malar, et al. Technology enhanced servicescape of commercial banks in India, ICFAI Journal of Banking, August 2009, pp. 36-40
- Mercia Selva Malar, Social cause marketing, ICFAI Journal of Marketing, 2009
- Mercia Selva Malar and Bindhu Ann Mathew, Edupreneurs as change agents – Opinion of beneficiary students, Effective Executive, March 2013
- Mercia Selva Malar and Shafeek, The impact of gold price changes on gold ETF, The Eternal, June 2014
- Mercia Selva Malar and Rajesh Pathiyil, A study on the returns of ULIPs of BALIC and other selected private life insurance companies, ISJCRESM November 2016
- Mercia Selva Malar, Innovations in Indian banks: Post 2008, Holistic Research Perspectives: Issues and Challenges, Edition 1, ISBN: 978-81-932908-6-6, 28, January 2017, pp. 36 – 46.
- Mercia Selva Malar, News Analysis: An innovative Management education tool, Holistic Research Perspectives: Issues and Challenges, Edition 2, ISBN: 978-81-932908-9-7, 38
- Mercia Selva Malar, A study on foreign exchange exposure and risk management in Indian hotel industry, Humming Words Publishers, ISBN:978-81-920135-7-2
- Mercia Selva Malar, Aspire to be a great teacher, Jupiter Publication Consortium, ISBN 978-81-932908-8-0
- Dr. R. Ganesan, Dr. A. Bharathy, Dr. S. Mercia Selva Malar Justin, Gender Parity & Women Empowerment – Challenges & Way Forward, Bonfring Publishers, ISBN: ISBN : 978-93-86638-73-1 (Edited Book)