PGDM-Two year Fully Residential Post Graduate Diploma in Management
- Flagship programme of XIME.
- AICTE approved two year, full-time, residential programme.
- Annual intake of 180 students at Bangalore and 120 students in Kochi.
- Trimester system followed.
- Foundation courses in management covered in the first year.
- Electives, core courses, environmental and integrative courses covered in the second year.
- SUPA - Socially Useful and Productive Activity is a mandatory Internship to help students understand management Issues of NGOs and provides excellent exposure for appreciation of social issues.
Highlights of the Curriculum
- Contemporary Curriculum - Curriculum is reviewed and updated every two to three years in consultation with Industry leaders, alumni, students and faculty.
- Enables global outlook and promotes spirit of Entrepreneurship.
- Inculcates human values and societal orientation.
- Develop soft skills like leadership, Interpersonal skills and written and oral communication skills.
- Compulsory exposure to a foreign language (among German, French, Spanish, and Chinese).
- On the Job' training through corporate internship.
Focus Areas in PGDM
- Develop the student's analytical, problem-solving and decision-making capabilities.
- Inculcate a positive and ethical outlook in the students.
- Strengthen the student's communication skills.
- Emphasize on holistic development of each individual.
- Develop a global orientation.
The First Year of the course starts with a coverage of Foundation Subjects which impart to the students a sound knowledge of the essential functional areas of business.
In the Second Year, the emphasis shifts to elective courses, which are designed to give the students as wide a choice as possible, to specialize in areas of their interest and acquire advanced knowledge and skills.
The programme rounds off with a strong emphasis on integrative and value-oriented courses such as Business Policy, Business Ethics and Environmental Issues so as to make the student not only a competent manager, but also a socially responsible citizen. Considering the phenomenal growth and importance of IT industry, current topics related to IT are included in the programme.
A summer project spread over eight weeks between the First and Second Years enables the students to put into practice many of the key concepts they will have learnt.
Admissions Open for new XIME CHENNAI Campus PGDM 2017-2019 Batch
XIME Offers a new Business Analytics specialization stream which consists of 7 elective courses in Business Analytics
XIME Offers a New Specialization in Business Analytics
Business Analytics is an inter-disciplinary area encompassing statistics (Quantitative techniques), Information Technology (RDBMS, Data warehousing, data mining, Business Intelligence, Big data, Hadoop etc.)
Prof J Philip, President, XIME opens up to Damini Goel about the glabal challenges we face and fostering entrepreneurship