25 Glorious Years
On 28th May 2016, XIME will complete 25 years of glorious service to the Nation. It is the return of the day, 25 years ago that eight founders got together at the residence of the Archbishop of Bangalore and signed the Memorandum of Association of this Institution.
The story of XIME's journey is also one of sheer determination and grit. It has come to symbolize the resilience of our founders, rising as it has done from its humble beginning to a world class Institution with fully residential campuses in Bangalore and Kochi and an upcoming campus in Chennai.
In founding this Institution, some fundamentals in our approach to Business Education were constantly kept in mind:
- Value-based Education
- Contemporary and Competitive Initiatives
- Global Orientation
- Commitment to Entrepreneurship
- Continued Innovation
And over the course of our journey, we have achieved most of them. But, we keep raising the bar for ourselves.
Early years were difficult – just a paltry sum of Rs. 60,000/- as the initial capital, no building or land of our own, and no rich man in the group. But, we were driven by a strong concept, a clear vision and a passion to carry it forward. XIME's story of growth and achievement is singular, and we are proud of it.
Some of the significant achievements during these years:
- XIME has produced in these years over 2500 brilliant alumni, who are at excellent positions in the industries.
- From a humble beginning, the Institute quickly picked up speed and emerged as one of the top business schools of the country and is currently listed in the top 1%. The venerable Indian Management has ranked XIME among the first 25 B-Schools of the country [May 2015].
- From an asbestos shed of 3000 sq.ft in St. Martha's Hospital compound, which was its original abode, XIME Bangalore now operates from a sprawling campus of 1.65 lakhs sq.ft built up area in Electronics City, the Silicon Valley of India.
- From the initial 60 seats admission to its programme, XIME now operates with a sanctioned strength of 300 of which 120 are from the Kochi Campus.
- The Institute's first geographical diversification was to Kochi, with a beautiful campus in KINFRA Hi-Tech Park in Kalamassery.
- XIME's growth momentum is now taking it to Chennai, where a 90,000 sq.ft facility is coming up in Oragadam – the automobile hub of Tamil Nadu.
- It is such a proud and happy coincidence that all the 3 campuses of XIME are in Industrial areas belonging to governments – KIADB of Karnataka, KINFRA of Kerala and SIPCOT of Tamil Nadu. All the 3 locations are truly great!
- From the original faculty strength of 5, it has now a strength of 42, which includes some outstanding professionals.
- The geographical diversity of its students is one of the best [almost all Indian States are represented at XIME] with about 45% women, 65% engineers, and nearly 40% with work experience.
- Our students have proved to be super performers in most of the inter B-Schools competitions. Last year two of our students were even crowned as the 'Champions of India' in the National Young-India Contest organized by the All India Management Association. That was a crowning success to our young gladiators.
- We have always maintained an excellent record of placement. Last year, we achieved a record of sorts by placing 95% of its students by July 31 with an average salary of Rs. 6.30 lakhs p.a.
- Again, last year saw XIME Bangalore receiving the coveted International Accreditation for Quality from Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs [ACBSP], USA.
- All campuses of XIME are fully residential with every student staying on the campus. With the completion of the Chennai campus, we will have a combined built-up area of about 4 lakhs sq.ft and an admission capacity of 420, making XIME the biggest private sector B-School in South India.
- XIME has several unique firsts that include the partnership of industries and philanthropists in building XIME's main campus: Tata Trust for the XIME Library; The Oberoi Group for the Auditorium; Biocon for the main Executive Conference Hall; etc.
As repeatedly demonstrated in the business context, it is not the infrastructure or the capital that builds a good organization, it is the vision, values, spirit, and the culture. We believe we have been good at all these basics.