PGDM-Two year Fully Residential Post Graduate Diploma in Management
- Flagship programme of XIME.
- AICTE approved two-year, full-time, residential programme.
- Annual intake is 180 students for Bangalore,
- Trimester system is followed
- Foundation courses in management are held in the first year.
- Electives, core courses, environmental and integrative courses are held in the second year.
- SUPA - Socially Useful and Productive Activity is a mandatory Internship, it aims to help students understand management issues of NGOs and provides excellent exposure to the social issues.
Highlights of the Curriculum
- Contemporary Curriculum - Curriculum is reviewed and updated every two to three years in consultation with Industry leaders, alumni, students and faculty.
- Enables development of a global outlook and promotes the spirit of entrepreneurship.
- Inculcates human values and societal orientation.
- Develop soft skills like leadership, interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Compulsory exposure to a foreign language (German, French, Spanish, and Chinese).
- On the Job' training through corporate internship.
Focus Areas in PGDM
- Develop the students’ analytical, problem-solving and decision-making capabilities.
- Inculcate a positive and ethical outlook in the students.
- Strengthen the students’ communication skills.
- Emphasize on the holistic development of each individual.
- Develop a global orientation.
The First Year of the course includes the Foundation Subjects which impart to the students a sound knowledge of the essential functional areas of business. In the Second Year, the emphasis shifts to elective courses, which are designed to give the students as wide a choice as possible, to specialize in areas of their interest and acquire advanced knowledge and skills. The programme rounds off with a strong emphasis on integrative and value-oriented courses such as Business Policy, Business Ethics and Environmental Issues so as to make the student not only a competent manager, but also a socially responsible citizen. Considering the phenomenal growth and importance of IT industry, current topics related to Big Data, Analytics, Artificial Intelligence, Internet of Things have been included in the programme.
A summer project spread over eight weeks between the First and Second Years enables the students to put into practice many of the key concepts they will have learnt.