Prof. J. Philip
Principal Founder & Chairman, XIME Bangalore
Former Director, IIM Bangalore
- ITPBA, Harvard Business School, 1965
- Personnel Management and Industrial Relations from XLRI Jamshedpur, 1960.
- S.B. College, Changanacherry, 1955 and later did his Law Degree at the Maharaja’s Law College, Ernakulam.
- Multiple Stakeholder Perspectives of Higher and Engineering Education-*, *Contributed a chapter titled Leadership and Excellence in Higher Education, Macmillan India Aug 2011.
- Managing Management Schools: - A Leadership Perspective A festschrift in honour of Prof. J. Philip, President, XIME – 3rd July, 2010.
- Business Education in India – A Ringside view – Jan. 2009.
- Global Management education – Country Studies – May, 2009.
- Institution building in India – Some experiences – Feb. 2007.
- Management Education in India – Co-editor, March 1989.
- Management the Simple Way – Co-Author – June 1979.
Recent Honours & Awards
- Received the Life-time Achievement Award for Excellence in the Profession and Societal Contribution, Nov 2009, instituted by the Alumni Association of XLRI, Jamshedpur where Prof. J Philip was a student during 1958-60.
- July, 2010: In recognition of his outstanding contribution to the cause of Human Resources Development in the country, Prof Philip was elected 'President Emeritus' of Indian Society for Training and Development (ISTD).
- November, 2010: B-School Leadership Award (Dewang Mehta Business School Award) from Business School Affaire & Partner, Amrop International.
- Star News ‘National B School Awards 2011’ in association with Canon honoured Prof J Philip with Life Time Achievement Award on 12th Feb 2011.
- Kewal Nohria Award for academic leadership in Management Education 2011 instituted by AIMA – Sept. 4, 2011.
- Le Matinal Innovative Leadership Award - 14th December, 2011
- Award for Managerial Excellence by Madras Management Association on 6th July 2012.