Dr. R. Sridhar
Director, XIME Bangalore
R.Sridhar is Professor of Human Resource Development and Management and General Management.
He is a graduate in Mathematics from Loyola College, Chennai; a post graduate in Industrial Relations & Welfare; and a Fellow in Management from XLRI, Jamshedpur. He worked in ITC for 37 years in the Human Resources Function, the last position held being Head – Corporate Human Resources and Member – Corporate Management Committee.
Areas of Interest
Human Resource Development and Management; Employee Relations Management; Strategy Formulation and Strategy Implementation
- Awarded the Sundaram Iyer Medal for proficiency in Mathematics, in 1979, in B.Sc. (Final Year), at Loyola College, Chennai.
- Awarded the Kumarappa Gold Medal for scoring the highest CQPI in the class of 1980 – 82 at XLRI, Jamshedpur.
He has been actively involved in the design and delivery of in-company learning interventions, partnering with external faculty, in the areas of Industrial Relations, HR Development and Management, Leadership Development, and Strategy Formulation and Strategy Implementation.
- Human Resource Management – The Practice in ITC. Journal of Management and Entrepreneurship. Vol.5; Issue 2; April – June 2012.
- Employment Relations. Management and Labour Studies. Vol.38; No.4; Nov.2013.
- Keeping Pace with Change. Kolkata Kindle, Journal of National HRD Network, Kolkata Chapter. Vol.3, Issue 1, Dec.2013.
- Contract Employees. Indian Journal of Industrial Relations, Vol.50, No.2, Oct.2014.
- Organizational Specialists. Kolkata Kindle, Journal of National HRD Network, Kolkata Chapter. Vol.4, Issue 1, Oct.2014.
- Capability Building at ITC. Book Chapter: Business of Staffing: A Talent Agenda. Ganesh Shermon and Kavita Shermon. Lulu Publishing Services, 2016.
- HRM Process Advantage for Firm Performance. Management and Organizational Studies, Vol.2, No.3, July 2015.