- Ph. D (HR – OB), Anna University Coimbatore, 2012
- M.Phil (OB), Alagappa University, 2005
- FDPM, IIM – A, 2004 – 2005
- MBA, Bharathiar University, 1995
- BBM, Bharathiar University, 1993
- Sumathi Annamalai and Nandagopal (2013), “A study on Occupational Stress and Coping Strategies”, International Journal of Research in Commerce and Management (ISSN 2231-4245)”, Volume No. 3, Issue No. 09, pp. 07 – 13
- Mary Eapen and Sumathi Annamalai (2014), “A study on Job satisfaction among employees in an Automobile Sales and Service Company”, Prabandhan: Indian Journal of Management, Volume No. 7, Issue No. 1, pp. 15 - 26
- Sumathi Annamalai (2013), “Talent Management Practices: Unique approaches” National Conference on PASMAC, Sri Ramachandra University, Chennai.
- Sreedevi and Sumathi Annamalai (2013), “Emotions at work: An exploration”, National Conference on PASMAC, Sri Ramachandra University, Chennai.
- Organizational Behaviour, Human Resource Management, Talent Management, Competency Based Management Compensation Management, Consultancy Management
Research & Other Interests
- Coordinated in organizing Management Development Programme for Voluntary Organizations (2014)
- Was part of the organizing committee for various conferences, seminars and workshops
- Coordinated in editing and publishing XIME’s latest book titled “Human Resource Practices and Labour Laws: An International Perspective”
Sumathi Annamalai has done her doctorate in Organizational Behaviour and has over 19 years of experience covering multiple facets of academia and industry. Her research at M. Phil. level focused on application of psychometric tool in understanding and enhancing employee performance. At doctorate level, her research area was occupational stress. She is a qualified professional member for administering MBTI instruments from the Australian Psychologist Press. She also has undergone training in the Basic Laboratory for Human Processes from Indian Society for Applied Behavioural Science. She was a university rank holder in her under-graduate and graduate programs. The range of her professional experience includes teaching, research, consultancy and conducting training programmes for managerial and non-managerial employees. Her areas of interest include occupational stress, psychometrics, incivility, job satisfaction and application of psychometrics as an OD intervention.