M Anil Kumar
M Anil Kumar
Mr. M Anil Kumar is Assistant Professor of Finance at XIME Bangalore (Since June 2017). He began his career as a Management Trainee in Hyderabad at VEM Technologies Pvt. Ltd. (August 2009) and later started his own business as a stockbroker with Angel Broking Pvt. Ltd (March 2010). He later joined Reliance Mutual Fund (Feb 2011), before moving to academics. He has two years of teaching experience as Assistant Professor in Sree Chaitanya College of Engineering (December 2011 to December 2013). He has qualified UGC-NET in management (December 2012) and submitted his Ph.D. thesis titled “An Empirical Analysis of Legal Insider Trading in India” to the National Institute of Technology Karnataka (December 2017). Prior to this he has also completed, MBA (2007-2009) from JNTU Hyderabad and BBM (2004-2007) from Kakatiya University Warangal. In addition, he has several certifications from NCFM and NISM.
- NSE’s Certified Market Professional (NCMP- Level 1).
- NCFM qualified – Insurance Module.
- NCFM qualified - Commercial Banking in India (Beginners Module).
- NISM qualified – Mutual Fund Advisory (Distributor Module).
- NCFM qualified – Capital Market Segment (Dealer Module).
He is also a Securities Exchange Board of India (SEBI) Empaneled Financial Education Resource Person (2012). He has organized 19 workshops on imparting financial education in various management and engineering colleges and trained more than 2500 investors in India.
- He has received 2nd Best Paper Award for the paper titled “Legal Insider Trading Behaviour: Empirical Evidence from India” presented in “Ph.D. Consortium 2015” organized by IIT Bombay during November 30th to December 1st, 2015.
- Manchikatla, A.K. and Acharya, R.H. (2017), “Insider Trading in India – regulatory enforcement”, Journal of Financial Crime, 24(1), pp. 48–55.
(Indexed in Scopus and ABDC-‘C’ category journal, Publisher: Emerald Group Publishing)
- Manchikatla, A.K. and Acharya, R.H. (2018), “Determinants of Legal Insider Trading: Empirical Evidence from India”. (under revision for Scopus Indexed and ABDC ranked journal)
- Manchikatla, A.K. and Acharya, R.H. (2018), "Profit Potential of Insider’s And Outsider’s: During and After the Financial Crisis in India". (under review for Scopus Indexed and ABDC ranked journal)
- Manchikatla, A.K. and Acharya, R.H. (2018), “Information Content of Insider Trading: Empirical Evidence from India”. (under review for Scopus Indexed and ABDC ranked journal)
- Manchikatla, A.K. and Acharya, R.H. (2018), “Insider Trading and Stock Market Crashes: Evidence from India”. (under review for Scopus Indexed and ABDC ranked journal)
- ‘CRISIL Doctoral Symposium’ of “India Finance Conference 2017” organized by IIM-Ahmedabad, IIM-Bangalore & IIM-Calcutta, hosted by IIM-Bangalore during December 20th to December 22nd, 2017.
- “10th Doctoral Thesis Conference” organized by ICFAI Business School (IBS), Hyderabad, in collaboration with Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research (IGIDR), Mumbai, during April 20th to April 21st, 2017.
- “Fourth Pan-IIM World Management Conference” organized by 13 IIM’s, hosted by IIM-Ahmedabad during December 13th and December 15th, 2016.
- “International Conference on Financial Markets and Corporate Finance” organized by IIT-Madras, during August 12th and August 13th, 2016.
- “2nd International Conference on Applied Economics and Business” organized by Shri Mata Vaishno Devi University, Jammu & Kashmir, in collaboration with The Indian Econometric Society (TIES) during July 28th to July 29th, 2016.
- “India Finance Conference 2015” organized by IIM-Calcutta, IIM-Bangalore & IIM-Ahmedabad, hosted by IIM-Calcutta during December 17th to December 19th, 2015.
- “Ph.D. Consortium 2015” organized by Shailesh J. Mehta School of Management, IIT-Bombay during November 30th to December 1st, 2015.
Workshops and FDP participated:
- He has also participated in several Management Development Programs (MDP), Faculty Development Programs (FDP) and workshops in reputed institutes like IIM-Ahmedabad, IIM-Calcutta, IIT-Madras, IIT-Hyderabad, NIT-Calicut, Gokhale Institute of Politics & Economics, Pune etc.