26 Glorious Years
26 Glorious Years
On 28th May 2017, XIME completed 26 years of glorious service to the Nation. It was on the same day, 26 years ago that eight founders got together at the residence of the Archbishop of Bangalore and signed the Memorandum of Association of this Institution.
The story of XIME's journey is also one of sheer determination and grit. It has come to symbolize the resilience of our founders, rising as it has done from its humble beginning to a world class Institution with fully residential campuses in Bangalore, Kochi and Chennai.
In developing this Institution, some fundamentals in our approach to Business Education were tenaciously upheld:
- Value-based Education
- Receptivity to new ideas and currents of thought
- Global Orientation
- Commitment to Entrepreneurship
- Continued Innovation
And over the years, we have achieved most of them. But, we keep raising the bar for ourselves.
Early years were difficult – just a paltry sum of Rs. 60,000/- as the initial capital, no building or land of our own, and no rich man in the group. But, we were driven by a strong concept, a clear vision and a passion to dare and achieve. XIME's story of growth and achievement is singular, and we are proud of it.
Some of the significant achievements during these years:
- XIME has produced in these years over nearly 3000 brilliant alumni, who are in leading positions in business and industry.
- Having come a long way from a humble beginning, the Institute has progressed rapidly and emerged as one of the top business schools of the country and is currently listed in the top 1%.
- From an asbestos shed of 3000 sq.ft in St. Martha's Hospital compound, which was its original abode, XIME Bangalore now operates from a 3 sprawling campus at Electronics City (1.65 lakhs sq.ft built up area), Bangalore, the Silicon Valley of India; KINFRA Tech Park (1.14 lakhs sq.ft built up area),Kochi; and Oragadam (1.1 lakhs sq.ft built up area), Chennai, the Detroit of India.
- Commencing with the initial 60 seats for admission to its programme, XIME now operates with a sanctioned strength of 420 seats (180 in Bangalore Campus, 120 in Kochi Campus and 120 in Chennai Campus).
- The Institute's first geographical expansion was to Kochi, with a beautiful campus in KINFRA Hi-Tech Park in Kalamassery, Kochi.
- XIME's growth momentum has taken it to Chennai, where a new campus is up and running at Oragadam – the automobile hub of Tamil Nadu.
- It is gratifying that all the 3 campuses of XIME are in Industrial areas belonging to governments – KIADB of Karnataka, KINFRA of Kerala and SIPCOT of Tamil Nadu. All the 3 locations are truly great!
- From the original faculty strength of 5, it has now a strength of 48, which includes some outstanding professionals.
- The geographical diversity of its students is one of the best [almost all Indian States are represented at XIME] with about 45% women, 65% engineers, and nearly 40% with work experience.
- Our students have proved to be super performers in most of the inter B-Schools competitions. In 2014, two of our students were even crowned as the 'Champions of India' in the National Young-India Contest organized by the All India Management Association. That was a crowning success to our young gladiators.
- We have always maintained an excellent record of placement. In 2017, we achieved a record of sorts by placing 96% of its students by 31 August with an average salary of Rs. 6.70 lakhs p.a.
- In 2014 XIME Bangalore received the coveted International Accreditation for Quality from Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs [ACBSP], USA.
- All campuses of XIME are fully residential with every student staying at the campus. With the completion of the Chennai campus, we have a combined built-up area of about 4 lakhs sq.ft and an admission capacity of 420, making XIME the biggest private sector B-School in South India.
- XIME has several unique firsts that include the partnership of industries and philanthropists in building XIME's main campus: Tata Trust for the XIME Library; The Oberoi Group for the Auditorium; Biocon for the main Executive Conference Hall; etc.
As repeatedly demonstrated in the business context, it is not the infrastructure or the capital that builds a good organization, it is the vision, values, spirit, and the culture. We believe XIME is firmly anchored in all these basics.